Monday, August 8, 2011

Three weeks and Counting....

Bonjour à tous le monde! As the days pass, my excitement for France grows. I dragged my suitcase out from the basement yesterday, it's really quite large. I swear, if my brother was just a little bit shorter he would totally fit inside of it!
He just needs to be a little bit shorter...

He fits sitting just fine!

Other than shoving my brother into a suitcase this morning, nothing much has changed in the realm of approaching study abroad. I'm still waiting for my visa, it should arrive this week! I'm starting to gather my things together, trying to figure out what I will want to have in the four months that I am away. Randomly started to worry the other day about the words in French I don't know, like salt. I had a dream where I was eating dinner with my host family and I wanted the salt but I didn't know how to say it. It's le sel, by the way, many thanks to word reference at 2 am! It was super traumatic, but it has made me think about really obvious words like salt or scoops of ice cream (boules de glace) and of course the age old temperature system differences. This summer i successfully switched myself over to a 24 hour clock but I am still confused about converting celsius to fahrenheit. Whatever happens, even if I end up wearing a sweater in 80 degree F weather or end up asking for pepper instead of salt, it will definitely be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment