Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving in France

Hey everybody!!! So I know that thanksgiving has indeed passed but i thought i would take a second to tell you all about my thanksgiving in France. I had a thanksgiving dinner on the actual day of thanksgiving with my entire group here in France. it was really really good. the chef was actually from england and he did a pretty good job for not being an american. he made really good stuffing and cranberry sauce. and his pumpkin pie was killer. it was still a french meal, with a strange salad and wine and bread served too!

it was on saturday that the first thanksgiving that i have ever made on my own! my host family and two other girls host families are friends so on the first night that we were here, we all ate together. it was this early night in september that they informed us that in november we would get together again and cook them thanksgiving dinner. we didn't really give it much thought until november rolled around and we had to get serious and think about what we wanted to make. it was last saturday, november 26th that the magic went down. Deyla, Kelly, and I (alex came too but not his family) all convened at my house to cook some magic. despite our fears and the fact that it took over 6.5 hours to do all of the cooking, the meal turned out amazing. a little too sugary but literally, the turkey was so good and juicy and the stuffing was so good and the PIE! so yummy. here's some pictures from our cooking party. good times people. good times.
My darling Deyla with the turkey all ready to go in the oven!!! we lathered it in butter, honey, pineapple juice, spices, and plopped it in the oven. actually my host mama plopped it in but regardless, we did everything else!

Alex peeling potatoes like a man.
Our sweet potatoes and marshmallows. aka best most delicious thing ever. So good.
The Cooking ladies. Alex was already getting food. We ate soooooo much!!
The dinner crowd. Minus the kids and minus Sophie my host mama.






No comments:

Post a Comment